… Get Married Abroad
There are many obvious reasons to wed in your homeland, where the nuptials are more easily accessible and everyone knows what to expect. You can choose from a multitude of possible venues including unusual wedding venues and unique wedding venues.
There are some equally obvious snags to taking the celebrations to a more exotic location. A decade ago, destination weddings were a rarity, but today more and more couples are choosing to tie the knot in lands further afield. From a guest perspective, it’s easy to be negative, but when you think carefully about it there are some fantastic reasons.
If you’re considering whisking your guests to Santorini, Skiathos, Venice, Vejeer (to name but a few), here are a few thoughts …
- Inviting your guests to experience the beauty of a different land is a gift in itself and no better excuse for a holiday!
- Food, drink and transport can actually work out more cost effective outside of the UK.
- Your photographs are destined to look INCREDIBLE.
- You can stretch celebrations out for more than one day. In hotter countries, a later wedding may be wiser, so that your guests don’t spontaneously combust from the heat. Then why not top up the celebrations the following day with a barbecue or relaxed picnic.
- Asking your guests to dig deep into their pockets for the air fare and accommodation and to go very far out of their way for your wedding is a good test of who genuinely wants to be there for you. For those who can’t make it, a party when you get back home is always a great idea to bring everyone together.