Choosing your wedding venue is a big deal. It’s a significant part of your budget and you want to make sure everything is perfect for your guests. So, here are a list of questions to get you started and spark some inspiration for questions of your own.
- What disabled facilities do you have?
- Are there any restrictions – late-night music, fireworks, tealights, moving furniture?
- What are the payment terms (deposit, balance) and cancellation policy, if need be?
- Where is guest parking and how many spaces are there?
- Do you have tents or canopies for outdoor weddings in case of bad weather?
- Do you have a generator for power outages?
- Are there any facilities for children or any there any features parents should be aware of, such as open spaces of water?
- Do we have to use your recommended suppliers, or can we bring in our own?
- Would we be the only wedding on the day, and can we have exclusive use?
- Is accommodation available? And do we have to book all (or a set number) of the rooms as part of the deal?
- When could we have access to decorate the rooms?
- And following on from this, are there any restrictions to the decorations we can have?
- When can the band or DJ get in to set up?
- How many people can the dance floor hold?
- How late can the music go on till?
- Where are the best locations for photographs?
- Can we bring our own alcohol and is there a corkage fee?
- Is it a cash bar or can we have an open one?
- Can we bring in our own mixologists?
- Is there any restrictions on the type or quantity of alcohol that can be served?
And what list of questions would be complete without at least one Covid-19 question.
21. What happens if we have a second surge and weddings are put on hold again?
This is not an exhaustive list. There will be ones specific to your wedding that I can’t even imagine. But these are a good place to start, so make an appointment for a viewing and put us to the test!
Why not take a look at our other wedding blogs for more inspiration!