https://www.capesthorne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/capesthorne-hall-logo_340x.png 0 0 Anne Austin https://www.capesthorne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/capesthorne-hall-logo_340x.png Anne Austin2022-07-12 11:11:142022-07-12 14:30:58Renting Your Wedding Dress
Renting Your Wedding Dress
Renting Your Wedding Dress
One of the key wedding trends in 2022 is to rent rather than buy your wedding dress. Here we take a look at the pros and cons.
Pros of Renting a Wedding Dress
- A designer dress for less – Renting a wedding dress costs a fraction of the price of buying it brand new, making it more affordable to wear a designer gown on your big day.
- No long order times – If you purchase a bridal gown you usually need to order it six months in advance. So, if you are having a last minute wedding, renting a wedding dress solves this problem.
- There will be no need to worry about storing the dress afterwards.
- If you want to keep your wedding dress it is recommended that you store it wrapped in acid free paper in a dress box. Not everyone has space for this.
- It is also great for second marriages with brides who already have one dress in storage and don’t want another!
Cons of Renting a Wedding Dress
- Your options are usually limited. Most businesses that rent bridal gowns rely on past brides to either lend or sell their gowns to them.
- This means they have limited control as to which designs and sizes, they have available.
- You can’t have alterations. If you purchase a bridal gown, you can do what you like to it and can have it altered to make it fit perfectly.
- The dress will have been worn before. This may not bother some people, but for others this can be off putting that ‘their’ dress has been worn by other brides.
- You won’t have your dress as a keepsake. The thought of parting with such a special dress that holds such sentimental value is disheartening for some.
- Others may argue, what’s the point in keeping something you’ll never wear again? You may never wear it again, but that doesn’t mean it won’t get used. You could use it to make your children’s christening dresses or hand it down to your daughter.
- It will not be in the same condition as a new dress. Having most likely been worn before, the dress may not be in as pristine condition as a brand new one would be!
Even if you decided to buy your dress you can still take advantage of this growing trend by lending your dress to be rented.
This allows you to make a return on your investment without having to sell it and think of all the brides who will get just as much enjoyment out of it as you did!
Why not take a look at the other wedding blogs on the website for more inspiration!